After a long-term partnership with the research team of prof. Ing. Pavol Alexy, PhD. from the Slovak Technical University, we are proud to introduce a brand-new material that is like a dream in the plastic world – a fully biodegradable filament for 3D printing.
This special material is called NonOilen®.
This filament is made of polylactic acid and polyhydroxy butyrate blend (PLA/PHB). The content of PHB improves the toughness, temperature resistance, and especially biodegradability. It perfectly fits into the principles of the circular economy, it can be reused many times, therefore, you can reduce the waste, and once the lifetime ends, it can be recycled.
- 100% made of polymers from renewable resources (bio-based)
- High strength, toughness, hardness
- Temperature resistance up to 110 °C – right after 3D printing, no need to anneal
- Easy 3D printing comparable with PLA
- Long-term durability of printed object
- Safe for food contact applications
- Objects may be washed in the dishwasher
- Barrier properties
- Natural silk look
- Polymer may be recycled many times with retention of the features
- 100% biodegradable in industrial compost and electric composters
- Decomposition in compost is about 3x faster than PLA
- No microplastics polluting environment is created during the biodegradation
- Decomposes only in a biologically active environment
- The byproducts from the decomposition process don't cause the greenhouse effect
: Comparison of fillamentum biodegradable filaments
The input material was carefully selected to achieve the best processability and final properties. Fillamentum’s products are always produced from the precisely specified type of material, with the highest stability across all the batches. The customers can rely on the best quality at any time they use our filament.